6.02.2012

lazy summer

i wish! ever since the weather's been warm and school's been out, it has been nothing but rushing here and running there. here's a little recap...

my work put together a softball team so i've been throwing and batting my little arms off. it's pretty fun and we actually won one of our games last week! 


i've also been trying to set up a job for myself to get me through grad school relatively unscathed and stress free. easier said than done! i think i've killed three small trees in the amount of paperwork i've had to fill out between new job and school.


i put in my two weeks notice at university hospital and my last day will be next friday. it really was a pleasure working there and i learned a lot, but off to bigger and better things, right?


we took our first fishing trip this year over memorial day weekend with the nieces and nephews. no fish were caught but we caught enough mud on our shoes and worm guts on our fingers. nice!


i've also been trying to learn how to quilt. my mom is pretty much sick of me monopolizing her sewing machine, so the lovely ksl hooked me up with this antique beauty. i'm in love! i've finished my first pieced quilt top (pictures to come).


my oldest niece jorie graduated from skyview high school on thursday. she looked so beautiful and i wish i had a picture from that night but my phone was being dumb. congrats jorie!

well i think that's enough for today. hags!

No comments:

PersonalMilestone
"...the difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug..."
-mark twain

Anniversary