6.21.2012

23 things i've learned in 23 years

1. Being too serious drags the fun out of life.
2. All the achievements in the world don’t mean a thing unless you are happy with and proud of yourself.
3. Nothing cures a bout of laziness like a warm shower, brushed teeth and clean clothes.
4. Going to sleep at 8:00pm is perfectly fine (even if your husband calls you a grandma).
5. After a stressful day, dog snuggles make everything better.
6. Birthdays are not as fun as they were when I was six years old.
7. Handwritten notes and homemade gifts always mean more than something bought in a store.
8. Using good grammar never upsets anyone. Sincerely, The Grammar Nazi
9. Reading a good book is never wasting time.
10. You can never vacation too much!
11. Three year old children are the best companions. They will always tell you like it is and frequently make you laugh until you wet yourself.
12. I should have learned to cook, clean, sew and perform all things domestic when I was still living with my mom.
13. All those bad dates I went on made me realize how lucky I am to have the guy who put a ring on it.
14. Always triple check that you’ve packed deodorant for any trip.
15. I was never meant to run. EVER.
16. There is no such thing as too many pictures.
17. Personal journals from middle school are hilarious!
18. My Heavenly Father loves me.
19. My parents were usually right.
20. Everyone should have some type of introduction to music in their lives. I don’t care if you are five or seventy three, music is instrumental (pun intended) to happiness!
21. Listening gets you farther than constantly talking.
22. Having only one or two really good friends is better than having dozens of acquaintances that don’t really know you.
23. My life is the best one for me and comparing it to others’ is pointless.


No comments:

PersonalMilestone
"...the difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug..."
-mark twain

Anniversary