one year ago today, i listed my new year's resolutions. today i thought it might be fun to revisit them and see just how faithful i was. enjoy!
1. pay off the truck - we were successful with this goal and now have absolutely no car payments. it's amazing how much money it saves you to get out of debt!
2. remodel the bathroom - not so great with this one. we have been in our home for three years and have managed to landscape the yard and semi-remodel our bedroom. so no bathroom was demolished, but we are planning on gutting the basement in the near future.
3. cut out soda completely - this was an epic fail! i think i lasted two months cutting out soda... i just love me some coca-cola too much! i'm amending this resolution for 2013 (see below).
4. eat healthier and at home more often - the bostwick household did much better with this resolution this year. me and my crockpot became better friends. we cooked with all the abundance of eggs and beef we received from the bostwick family farm. and we cut the amount we ate out for dinner in half.
5. by completing the above two mentioned, participate in a mountain bike relay - this totally did NOT happen. i did however go on a few more mountain bike rides with scott encouraging me the whole way. it's hard stuff!
6. make more time for each other - this was completed! with scott's change in work departments, he now has a little more time at home. we've tried to turn off our electronics more and actually have meaningful conversations. i love that man more than ever!
so in a way, i completed half of my resolutions. that's way better than i usually do (yippee!). for this year, i have only a few goals in mind.
1. cut DOWN on my soda intake. I've decided that cutting something out completely for myself causes the complete opposite reaction. I binge on said thing! So I'm limiting my soda for special occasions and if i'm sick.
2. drink my 8 glasses of water a day. i tried this for a while and was amazed at how much better i felt. so here's the official statement of my goal to continue.
3. attend the gym at least three days a week. i joined planet fitness last august to combat the weight surge that everyone told me was inevitable in grad school. didn't attend very much so i am making this goal to keep myself honest. exercise (although i hate it) does help me with my stress levels and i know someone (scott) appreciates it when i keep it in check.
so there you have it. my 2013 resolutions. ta-da! best wishes for a happy and healthy new year!