7.06.2011

update

oh man, my blogging skills have seriously been lacking lately. so without further ado, the infamous update!

1. we celebrated my 22nd birthday on june 21. yes my birthday is the coolest and longest day of the year. summer solstice! unfortunately i spent it at the doctor's office after a work injury the day before. scott made up for it by making me cheesecake (from scratch, people) and taking me and the fam to taggarts. yum :)



2. we took the boat for the first time this year. the lake of choice is in glendale, just north of preston. we managed to fit the whole gang on the boat at the same time! that's 6 adults, 5 kids and a dog just so you can visualize. cleo even got in the water... for 3 seconds.



3. we finished our master bedroom. i would post a picture but it's pretty messy right now. maybe later the cleaning fairy will come. it's so nice to have at least one room completely finished so there is a sanctuary from shag carpet and 70s wallpaper.

4. my garden is in full bloom and i'm loving it! so many butterflies and purty colors... can't wait until all the shrubs are mature.

5. the fourth of july was pretty relaxing (due to the fact that i had worked the last three days straight). we had a blast at my aunt's house swimming in sojo. thanks bakers! later that night we headed to the usu extension garden to watch the hot rockin' 4th fireworks. this was the coolest fourth of july ever because utah legalized aerial fireworks! so awesome to drive at night and see them all going off.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Meg, I love your blog!!! Just thought I would let you know that :)

meg said...

Oh you're just too sweet! I love yours in return :)

PersonalMilestone
"...the difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug..."
-mark twain

Anniversary