10.23.2010

doggie dilemma

we are officially dog hungry again. i think it's been there all along but comes and goes in spurts. yesterday i couldn't help but think how perfect it would be to be sitting on the couch with husband and little puppy. only problem is... we can't agree on a breed! everything i pick is too sissy for scott and everything he picks would definitely squoosh me on the couch. any thoughts from the readers?

here is a list of the current contenders:

labloodhound
i could live with this one but it is definitely scott's pick. mix between a lab and bloodhound. apparently they have large paws and long ears.

english springer spaniel
this dog is my pick and brings back memories of my childhood dog, jake. he would definitely get me out exercising more.

st. bernard   

i'll let you guess who's pick this is :) sure they are cute and loveable. scott describes them to me as big lover dogs who think they're little. that concerns me a bit...

english bulldog

some of you may remember when i wanted the french counterpart of this dog. well scott met the frenchie and from the video he sent me, it was crazy! this breed is supposedly more mellow. and aren't the wrinkles so cute?

well those are the dogs we've picked but we are definitely open to others. help!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I want a bulldog. I have never known one very well, but the ones that I have met do seem mellow, and I think that's the breed's normal temperament. We have a boxer and she's NUTS. And we have a Boston terrier, who is also nuts, but in a much smaller package so it's more manageable. We love our boxer, but if we ever have a boxer puppy in the future, we will DEFINITELY be more diligent with the obedience training.

An English bulldog is at the top of my list of dogs I want to have.

PersonalMilestone
"...the difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug..."
-mark twain

Anniversary